Crucible® Therapy Webinar Series
2-Hour Teleconference Case-Analysis Sessions
Next Session May 10, 2017
Reduced-fee registration for 6 or more sessions!
Dr. David Schnarch, Ph.D.
Co-Director, Crucible Institute
Introducing the Crucible® Therapy Webinar Series, a monthly internet-based case conference, designed to increase continuity of learning for therapists around the world. If you are one of many therapists who asked for more ways to continue learning between our workshops, here's your solution. This addition to our training activities offers distance learning through teleconferencing and online video.
- This webinar series will help you extend and continue to apply what you've learned in our in-depth programs.
- We know the benefit of continued contact with us and other students in learning our unique approach.
Starting in February, 2016 Dr. David Schnarch will host a monthly case-based webinar for therapists. Each month our two-hour meeting will focus on treating a specific clinical problem. Each webinar will deconstruct a case submitted by webinar participants or Dr. Schnarch. Case material will be modified to protect client anonymity and we’ll be utilizing HIPPA-compliant Adobe Connect. Webinars will cover strategic analysis of treatment problems, developing new strategies and interventions, person of the therapist issues, and topics of interest in each case. Audience members can ask questions and interact with Dr. Schnarch during the webinar.
This monthly case conference gives you access to additional clinical material that can make your practice come alive. If you've been studying Crucible Therapy, this is an opportunity for consultation on difficult cases between our clinical practicums. If you are a new student, the webinar gives you a taste of what our practicum are like before you sign up.
- First, you'll get to see how Dr. Schnarch sizes up cases and develops powerful interventions.
- Second, you have the opportunity to possibly receive consultation on your own cases.
- Third, you can interact with Dr. Schnarch during the Webinar by submitting questions.
- Fourth, if you can't attend a particular Webinar, you can study it on-line at a more convenient time
Subscription of 6 2-hour sessions at a reduced rate ($50 per session), or pay-as-you-go for single sessions ($75 per session).
Use the buttons on this page to register.
Adding additional webinars to prior purchases (Subscription extension):
Subscription pricing is available for purchases of less than 6 webinars under the following conditions:
- You must have previously purchased 6 webinars, either singly or together, and
- It must be within 30 days of your last purchased webinar.
- If you qualify for a subscription extension, either button will take you to the subscription page.
- Adding additional webinars to prior purchases (Subscription extension):
- Access to each session includes live participation and viewing of session recording when it becomes available.
Time of Day and Dates:
- English only: Wednesdays, 4-6 PM, U.S. Mountain Standard Time.
>Bilingual (English-German) Wednesdays, 4-6 PM Berlin & Zurich, Central European Time, 8 AM U.S. Mountain Standard Time.
- Translation provided by Tara Christopeit, Dr. Schnarch's experienced translator.
- January 11, 2017
- February 8, 2017
- March 8, 2017
- May 10, 2017
- June 14, 2017
- July 12, 2017
- August 9, 2017
- September 13, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- November 15, 2017
- Doing therapy with difficult clients
- Creating collaborative alliances
- Making data from client statements
- Doing brain-based therapy
- Further topics to be announced
Case submission is an important opportunity in the webinar series. This is a chance to further personalize your learning experience. Selected cases offer real-time consultation with Dr. Schnarch. Instructions for brief case write-ups are available here. (English only. Don't worry if your English isn't perfect. We understand this may not be your native language. We will help edit your submission if necessary.)
This must be a real case with which you are having difficulty. This must not be an imaginary or composite case or a personal situation. You must state where you think you are having difficulty. (Excluded: cases where you think the therapy is going well, but where you are "curious" how it would be treated within the Crucible Approach.)
Case descriptions are 2 to 3 pages long and provide the necessary information to understand the case. This includes:
- Demographics of clients and a short background
- Initial presenting problem
- What is the current difficulty in treatment?
- Why do you think this problem is happening?
- What have you done to tackle the problem and what were the results?
- Please include a brief sample of typical in-session dialogue surrounding the problem in your case.
Confidentiality: Please modify case details to protect clients’ identity. We use HIPPA-compliant Adobe Connect to host the webinar.
Please send your case as a Microsoft Word document as an email attachment to: email@example.com. (Subject: webinar case)
- This program is sponsored by the Marriage and Family Health Center (MFHC, also doing business as the Crucible Institute).
- MFHC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. MFHC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This workshop earns: 7 CE credits for Licensed Psychologists.
- Marriage & Family Health Center (MFHC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5870. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MFHC is soley responsible for all aspects of the programs. This workshop earns 6.5 NBCC Clock Hours.
- MFHC is also an approved provider of the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (TEXAS SW), and this workshop earns 6.5 CE Credits
This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 6.5 CE Credits. These CE Credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
CE Credits are $15.00 per certificate requested. If you need CE credits, you must take responsibility for checking to see if we have approval for your agency or licensing board. We have participants coming from all over the United States and outside the United States. Thus, we cannot guarantee CE credits for every State or Agency. Many professional organizations will accept the CE Credits from parallel organizations, but it is your responsibility to confirm status with your professional organization. The variations of the exact amount of CE hours depend on each Agency’s policy regarding breaks.
- After your registration is complete, You will receive two emails, one containing your webinar login information, and another containing the URL where the webinar will occur.
- Your webinar username and password is located on your purchase confirmation email. Please keep this in a safe place for easy retrieval. (Your webinar username and password differ from your Crucible4Points.com login credentials.)
- Your webinar username and password are also located on your personal page when you log in to Crucible4Points.com. (You cannot change your webinar username and password.)
- To join the live webinar, copy and paste the webinar URL into your internet browser. You’ll find this on your second email and on your Crucible4points personal page. (This brings you to our Adobe Connect portal.)
- Enter your webinar username and password. (Not your Crucible4Points.com credentials.)
- To view the Webinar Case Description before the event or the recorded webinar when each one becomes available, visit your Crucible4points personal page.
A number of webinar participants have been experiencing technical difficulties during the live event. The link below explains why this occurs, and what you can do to optimize the technical aspects of your Webinar experience. We recommend all participants review this document. Click here to Optimize Your Webinar Experience.
Registrants have the option of participating as part of a small “discussion group” of 3-5 members interacting on screen with Dr. Schnarch. To request discussion group participant status, visit your user page after registering.
Discussion Group Technical Details: In the past we have experienced various technical issues such as feedback, echo and time delay when Discussion Group members have enabled their microphones. There is less chance of feedback if you use a headset rather than listening through speakers or sound from your tablet/laptop/PC. You will be required (in advance) to demonstrate you can enable your microphone without causing feedback, echo, or delay in our system. Please read the following instructions to ensure you will NOT have "Skype drivers" active in your operating system.
- When Skype starts on your computer, it loads drivers to enable video and audio transmission. YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOUR COMPUTER HAS NOT LOADED THE SKYPE DRIVERS as they interfere with our broadcast quality. IT IS NOT SUFFICIENT TO CLOSE SKYPE ONCE IT HAS OPENED, AS THIS LEAVES SKYPE DRIVERS ACTIVE ON YOUR MACHINE. Leaving the skype drivers on your machine will (a) introduce a 20 to 45 second feedback loop, and (b) interfere with your video, speakers and microphone.
For the best user experience, you must change your Skype settings so Skype does not start automatically, and then REBOOT your machine before logging onto Adobe Connect. Here are instructions:
- Uncheck the "Start Skype when computer starts" and "Sign me in when Skype starts" on the login screen.
- Uncheck the "Start Skype when I start Windows" box found under Tools->Options->General.
- If the usual methods don't work, enter msconfig in the Run command then click the Startup tab. Look for and uncheck Skype.
- Restart computer for the changes to take effect.
- Starting from the release of Skype 2.7 for Mac, your general system startup settings will be used instead of having separate preferences for Skype.
- To prevent Skype from opening on Mac OS X startup, open Skype and go to the Dock. Use Ctrl+click on the Skype icon in the Dock and ensure the box "Open at Login" is unchecked.
- Alternatively, you can go to System Preferences > Users & Groups, click your account name and select Login Items. Remove Skype from this list.