2-Hour Teleconference Case-Analysis Sessions
Reduced-fee registration for 6 or more sessions!
Presented by Dr. David Schnarch, Ph.D.Co-Director, Crucible Institute
The Crucible® Therapy Webinar Series is a monthly internet-based case conference, designed to increase continuity of learning for therapists around the world. If you are one of many therapists who asked for more ways to continue learning between our workshops, here’s your solution. This addition to our training activities offers distance learning through teleconferencing and online video.
Since February, 2016 Dr. David Schnarch has hosted a monthly case-based webinar for therapists. Each month our two-hour meeting focuses on treating a specific clinical problem. Each webinar deconstructs a case submitted by webinar participants or Dr. Schnarch. Case material is modified to protect client anonymity and we utilize Zoom as a user-friendly platform. Webinars cover strategic analysis of treatment problems, developing new strategies and interventions, person of the therapist issues, and topics of interest in each case. Audience members can ask questions and interact with Dr. Schnarch during the webinar and see how Dr. Schnarch sizes up cases and develops powerful interventions. You have the opportunity to possibly receive consultation on your own cases.
“The webinars are an excellent opportunity for me to keep checking my work as a therapist and to find out why something doesn’t work. I get specific help on how to achieve better results as a listener or on my own cases. The atmosphere that David creates is very appreciative and inspiring. Even if the two hours are exhausting sometimes, I very much regret missing out on a seminar because this support for my daily practice has become very valuable to me.” B. Rohweder, Germany
- All webinars are recorded so if you can’t attend a particular Webinar, you can study it on-line at a more convenient time. Recordings are released within several days of the live event.
- You can also purchase older webinars recordings back to our very first one! Under the Webinar Registration Page, click, view older dates.
- All live English webinars are held on Wednesdays from 4-6 PM,MST.
- For the list of upcoming dates please view the Professional Events Calendar or view them on the Webinar Registration Page.
- Subscription of (6) 2-hour sessions at a reduced rate ($50 per session), or pay-as-you-go for single sessions ($75 per session).
Use the buttons on this page to register.
- Adding additional webinars to prior purchases (Subscription extension):
Subscription pricing is available for purchases of less than 6 webinars under the following conditions:
- You must have previously purchased 6 webinars
- It must be within 30 days of your last purchased webinar.
- If you qualify for a subscription extension, either button will take you to the subscription page.
- Doing therapy with difficult clients
- Creating collaborative alliances
- Making data from client statements
- Doing brain-based therapy
- Further topics to be announced
Case submission is an important opportunity in the webinar series. This is a chance to further personalize your learning experience. Selected cases offer real-time consultation with Dr. Schnarch. Instructions for brief case write-ups are available below. (English preferred, although German is acceptable. Don’t worry if your English isn’t perfect. We understand this may not be your native language. We will help edit or translate your submission if necessary.)
This must be a real case with which you are having difficulty. This cannot be an imaginary or composite case or a personal situation. You must state where you think you are having difficulty. (Excluded: cases where you think the therapy is going well, but where you are “curious” how it would be treated within the Crucible Approach.)
Case descriptions are 3 to 4 pages long (approx. 2,000 words) and provide the necessary information to understand the case. This includes:
- Demographics of clients and a short background
- Initial presenting problem
- What is the current difficulty in treatment?
- Why do you think this problem is happening?
- What have you done to tackle the problem and what were the results?
- Please include a brief sample of typical in-session dialogue surrounding the problem in your case.
Click here to download a case description form (Microsoft Word .doc format).
Confidentiality: Please modify case details to protect clients’ identity.
Please send your case in a Microsoft Word document as an email attachment to: email@example.com. (Subject: webinar case)
- This program is sponsored by the Marriage and Family Health Center (MFHC, also doing business as the Crucible Institute).
- MFHC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. MFHC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This workshop earns: 7 CE credits for Licensed Psychologists.
- Marriage u0026amp; Family Health Center (MFHC) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5870. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. MFHC is soley responsible for all aspects of the programs. This workshop earns 6.5 NBCC Clock Hours.
- MFHC is also an approved provider of the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners (TEXAS SW), and this workshop earns 6.5 CE Credits
- This program meets the requirements of the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) and is approved for 6.5 CE Credits. These CE Credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification.
CE Credits are $15.00 per certificate requested. If you need CE credits, you must take responsibility for checking to see if we have approval for your agency or licensing board. We have participants coming from all over the United States and outside the United States. Thus, we cannot guarantee CE credits for every State or Agency. Many professional organizations will accept the CE Credits from parallel organizations, but it is your responsibility to confirm status with your professional organization. The variations of the exact amount of CE hours depend on each Agency’s policy regarding breaks.
- Webinars are held on Zoom.
- You will NOT be emailed a direct zoom link. To ensure privacy and protection, all zoom links for webinars will not be visible until 24 hours before the start of that live webinar. In addition, you will be emailed a link directing you back to your personal account page under webinars where you can click the “Join Webinar” button or the link listed on the page when you click the webinar number. https://crucible4points.com/my-account/events/
- You do not need your own Zoom account but you will need to have the program downloaded on your computer. You can do this for the first time when you click the zoom link for a webinar that is actively about to take place. Please note: download time will vary depending on your machine and you should calculate at least 15 mins for processing time.
- To view the case description, replay and find the zoom link for webinars visit your Crucible4points account page.
- For technical issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A strong internet connection, private space, functional headset and zero feedback from participants are required to participate. We will offer you as much technical assistance as possible but reserve the right to remove you from the live group if your technical issues are impacting the groups ability to conduct the webinar.